Today we are going to explore how you can easily pin a Power App to the app bar in Microsoft Teams. One thing to note is that you will need Admin access to Microsoft Teams admin center.
Let’s Get Started
Export your Power App
- Navigate to https://make.powerapps.com. Right-click on the Power App that you would like to pin and select Add to Teams.
- Download the .zip file.
Pin the Power App in Microsoft Teams Admin Center
- Navigate to https://admin.teams.microsoft.com.
- Go to Teams Apps > Manage Policies.
- In the “Org wide app settings”, enable “allow custom apps” (or apply to a custom policy if needed).
- Upload the .zip file.
- Navigate to the Setup Policies
- Create a new policy.
- Add the new app to “Installed App” and “Pinned App” sections and then click save.
- Add members to the policy.
To verify the policy has been applied to the users, in the Teams admin center, navigate to Users and search the user(s) that you have applied the policy to.
Note: Teams policies can take a few hours (sometimes up to 24 hours) to take effect.